Wilderness of Sunderbans
Duration: 06 Nights / 07 Days
Destinations: Kolkata - Sunderbans - Kolkata
This 'Wilderness of Sunderbans' tour takes you on an exciting journey where you explore the most vivid facades of the world of wild. It is the only mangrove forest in the world known for housing a dense population of tigers. Sunderbans lets you enjoy a vivid collection of flora and fauna apart from some fun activities like camping, bird watching, fishing, crab catching, jetty and boat ride, etc.
- Visit the popular Victoria Memorial and Howrah Bridge in Kolkata
- Take a motorboat ride on Gumdi, Gomor, Hogol and Drugaduani
- Bird watching and a gaming cruise to Sudhanyakhali
- Stop at a Fisherman's village towards Sunderbans Jungle Camp
- Partake in fishing and crab catching at the Netidhopani watch tower
- A theatre performance during camping
- A refreshing canopy walk at Do Banki
Day 1: Arrival at Kolkata
- As you arrive in Kolkata, our representative will greet you and you will be transferred to your pre-booked hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Kolkata
- After breakfast, get ready for a sightseeing tour. First you will visit Fort Williams sitting on the eastern banks of the River Hooghly. Next is the Birla Planetarium, a single-storeyed circular structure which remains the largest Planetarium in Asia and second largest in the world. Other places included in your itinerary are Secretariat Building, Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge and the Old Court House Street.
- Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Sonakhali - Sunderban
- After breakfast; you will be transferred to the Sonakhali Jetty. Enjoy stunning looking country side and rural shops during the ride. Stop at a Fisherman’s village where you learn about local cultures closely.
- As you reach Sonakhali, take a motorboat ride which will take you on a 2 hours journey over the rivers of Gumdi, Gomor, Hogol and Drugaduan. You can stop at Gosaba, a small village with great historical significance.
- Thereafter, head for the Bali Island and check-in at the Sunderban. Enjoy your lunch at the hotel and get ready for a fantastic bird watching and gaming cruise experience to Sudhanyakhali. This is a famous watch tower.
- Evening hours will be spent with local guides who will share some insights about the place and its history.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Sunderban
- After breakfast, spend complete day enjoying bird watching at the Netidhopani watch tower (depending on climatic conditions). This day is dedicated to nature where you partake in fishing and crab catching.
- Return to the camp to enjoy a beautiful theatre performance along with delicious dinner and night stay.
- After breakfast, take a village stroll to interact with the locals and understand their cultures, lifestyle and art. Later, take a guided tour to Do Banki where you partake in canopy walk.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camp.
Day 6:Sonakhali- Kolkata
- After breakfast, leave for Kolkata. Upon arrival, check in to the hotel and enjoy an overnight stay.
Day 7:Kolkata -Departure
- Early morning you will be transferred to the airport to board a flight for your journey ahead.